Sober Living Home FAQ

Sober Living Home in Bucks County PA

Acceptance House offers a comfortable and supportive sober living home environment for those in early recovery. Our nine sober living homes throughout Bucks County, PA are available for both men and women (separate homes) in the early stages of addiction recovery. Homes are conveniently located in Levittown, Bristol, Croydon and New Jersey with easy access to shopping plazas and weekly meetings. See below some of our most frequently asked sober living home questions. If you don’t see your question the list, please call or email us at any time.

10 Common Sober Living Home FAQ

Will I be able to stay in touch with my family?

Yes. Not only do we encourage family visits, but we strongly recommend taking part in family counseling sessions. Family group therapy provides a safe space for families to understand, heal and educate themselves on the addiction & recovery process. Research shows a much higher long-term success rate when families are involved in their loved one’s recovery process.

Who is allowed to visit me?

Immediate family members only, unless otherwise approved by your house manager and staff.

What should I bring with me?

You will need a form of government ID (driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate), as well as appropriate clothing, money, toiletry items and only necessary valuables. All valuables are your responsibility. Linens and pillows are provided, please do not bring your own.

Is Acceptance House a treatment center?

No. Acceptance House provides a structured sober living home for those in early recovery, but we are not an addiction recovery center. We do provide resources and recovery support programs while you stay in our sober housing.

Do you provide counseling and/or resources?

Yes. Each home has a live-in manager, plus an assistant. Someone is available to you 24/7 to help in any way. Additionally, residents are required to go to 30 meetings within the first 30 days and 4 meetings per week thereafter. We also offer a variety of resources to help you maintain long-term sobriety.

Does the sober living home have a house manager?

Yes. Each home has a live-in manager onsite 24/7.

Do I have go to detox or rehab first?

The Acceptance House Sober Living Home Program is designed for men and women who have already successfully completed detox and a substance abuse treatment program. Completion of both programs previous to sober housing admission provides a foundation that can be built upon while completing our sober living program.

How long do I have to be sober to move in?

Residents must maintain sobriety for 30 days before transitioning into our sober living home.

How long can I stay?

You may stay as long as you need until you are comfortable and secure in transitioning back into society on your own. We prefer a 2-week notice if and when you choose to leave one of our homes.

What forms of payment do you accept?

Rent is collected on a monthly basis and is accepted via credit card, debit card, personal check or money order. You can also make a payment online through our safe & secure payment portal.

Learn More About How We Can Help